COVID-19 Alert: Manage caregiver stress during this health crisis. Learn More.
Call 888-575-0946 for Home Instead services in your area.
Sharing is Caring:

Funding Options for Seniors: How to Choose a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (4 of 4)

In the final video on Certified Aging in Place Specialists, Mary Alexander from Home Instead discusses both private and public ways to fund home modifications. Ways to help cover funding include medical deductions on taxes, medicare, medicaid, veterans associations, and social services. It's wise to help your parents do their homework before committing to any aging in place or other home improvement project.

Get notified by email when new videos are released.

Thoughts and stories from others
  1. January 20, 2012 at 11:10 am | Posted by Rocky Hollingsworth

    My name is Rocky Hollingsworth and I am a home builder in Oklahoma City. I just received my Certified Aging in Place Specialist designation. I am looking to expand my business into the Aging in Place market and utilize my experience and resources to help make homes more accessible and pleasurable. I am developing relationships with occupational therapists now to work as consultants on each project to make sure the modifications we make are specific to the needs of the home owner and not just in compliance with ADA. My email is [email protected] and my cell number is 405-831-5277. Please call if we can help.


  2. December 28, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Posted by Eileen Belton

    An additional option is the state alternative financing option. Most states and territories offer a low interest loan for just this type of expense. Here is the website to find the office based on residency:


Share your thoughts, stories and comments:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Find home care near you or your loved one: