Family Caregiver Support Webinar Series for Professionals

The Home Instead Senior Care network offers free continuing education (CE) credits in conjunction with the web series, which features common aging and senior care scenarios. Gerontologist, Lakelyn Hogan hosts each webinar with a Q&A format following the presentation.

The 2019 webinar series schedule is listed below. The program has been adapted for CE accreditation in cooperation with the American Society on Aging (ASA). One CE is available per webinar for 60 days following the live event. The CE courses, which began in 2010, are offered compliments of the Home Instead Senior Care network so there is no cost for the CE.

Our Next Webinar:

Caring for Someone with Dementia
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
10 AM PT / 11 AM MT / 12 PM CT / 1 PM ET
Register Now

2019 Webinar Schedule:

Aging Brain Part 1: Brain Basics (July 10, 2019)

Aging Brain Part 2: Aging Brain Diseases

Register Now

Mental and Behavioral Health and Aging
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
10 AM PT / 11 AM MT / 12 PM CT / 1 PM ET
Register Now

About Our Webinars:

All web seminars are scheduled at 1:00 pm ET. The 2019 topics and dates follow below. Professionals will take a short survey online after the seminars and then will receive one hour of CE credit through ASA within 30 days of completion of the application. To see which boards are eligible for CE credit, visit: http://asaging.org/ce-credits-web-seminars

Recorded webinars will be available for viewing following the live sessions. It may take a few weeks following the session for the archived version to be posted.

Please pre-register for any Family Caregiver Webinar for Professionals by 12am ET the day of the webinar. Email [email protected] or call 415-974-9600 if you have questions about registering for or accessing a webinar.

The American Society on Aging, provider #1068, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org., through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The American Society on Aging maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 7/6/2018-7/6/2021. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive 1 continuing education clock hour.  To see a list of all eligible boards for CE credit, visit: http://asaging.org/ce-credits-web-seminars

Webinar Archive:

(CE's are no longer available for archived webinars)

2019

Isolation and Loneliness

2018

Get more information and pre-register on any webinar above or Email [email protected] or call 415-974-9600 if you have questions about registering for or accessing a recorded webinar.

Last revised: December 15, 2017

1. April 6, 2016 at 2:08 pm | Posted by Mary-Ellen Murphy

Hi I just finished the webinar "Understanding the scams seniors face" it was a great webinar. Thanks for hosting this important topic. I didn't see the link to do the survey at the end of the webinar so I could receive CEU's. Can you assist me in this. I usually view the recorded ones and am prompted at the end to do the survey. thanks!

• April 7, 2016 at 10:23 am | Posted by Home Instead

Glad you found the webinar useful, Mary-Ellen, someone will look into your CEU question and get back to you via email. Thanks!

2. March 21, 2016 at 9:17 am | Posted by Dawn Martinez

I have done two CEUs and have not received either of the certificates. (October 7 and November 11, 2015) Can someone look into this for me? Thank you.

• March 22, 2016 at 10:16 am | Posted by Home Instead

Hi, Dawn, Sorry for the delay. I'll see if I can discover the hang-up and ask someone to get back to you ASAP.

3. March 21, 2016 at 8:37 am | Posted by Diana Hartwig

Good Morning, I am writing regarding a concern with receiving my CEU certificate. I watched the "Solving Communication Issues Within Families" CEU on 2/12 and submitted the survey. I have still yet to receive my CEU.

4. March 1, 2016 at 7:22 pm | Posted by Tricia Hollos

I have done several of the CEUs and have not received any of the certificates. Can someone please find out what the issue is?

• March 4, 2016 at 1:36 pm | Posted by admin

Hi, Tricia, We've got someone looking into that and they'll send you a reply via email soon. Thanks.

5. January 5, 2016 at 9:44 am | Posted by Lisa Lunsford

I completed Understanding the Emotional Aspects of Caregiving and have not received my CEU certificate. I viewed the video in December 22, 2015 and was wondering if I need to do anything further. Thank you for assisting with this. Lisa

6. December 17, 2015 at 4:32 pm | Posted by Linda Baumiller

I viewed two recorded Webinar's on 11-9-15 "Caring for Someone with Alzheimer's" and on 12-2-15 "Understanding the Emotional Aspects of Caregiving. " I have NOT received my CEU'S. Please have someone check into this problem. Thank you.

7. November 18, 2015 at 10:02 am | Posted by paulette lawrence

I didn't received my certificate understanding the scam seniors face.thank you

8. September 15, 2015 at 4:32 pm | Posted by Sheila Feldman

I did not receive my CEU certificate for the August 12, 2015 webinar - Home Safety for Seniors. If you could check into it, I would appreciate it.Thank you

9. August 17, 2015 at 7:13 pm | Posted by Elan Elvaiah

Hello,We are looking for information regarding Educational Webinars and if outside vendors can participate in HCAOA webinars.Can you tell us if that is possible and if there is a cost involved?Thank you,Elan Elvaiah

10. August 10, 2015 at 8:56 pm | Posted by Patti Bunston

I note that these are "professional caregiver seminars".As a family member / caregiver / Social Service Worker - Gerontology am I allowed to join in on the seminar itself - I don't require other certification.Are HISC CAREGivers considered eligible for these training sessions - it would be a great resource for them.

11. August 8, 2015 at 9:30 am | Posted by Juanita Camacho

Hi Cat,I have a not heard from anyone concerning my CEU's I attended 4 of the online webinars. I have not received any of the certificates, I did check my spam and junk folders. I would appreciate your help, thank you so much for your time.Juanita

• August 10, 2015 at 11:27 am | Posted by Cat Koehler

Hi Juanita - I will have Alex reach out to you today. I'm sorry for the delay. ** Cat Koehler **

12. July 12, 2015 at 10:00 pm | Posted by Juanita Camacho

Hi, I completed two recorded webinars and have not received my certificates I checked my junk mail and clutter. I completed the application for the CEU's and submitted I would appreciate your assistance.Thank you

• July 15, 2015 at 8:57 am | Posted by Cat Koehler

Juanita - I will have someone reach out to you via email to help. **** Cat Koehler, Home Instead Senior Care ****

• July 18, 2015 at 8:28 pm | Posted by Juanita Camacho

Thank you Cat I would really appreciate hearing from someone in your department.thanks for your help

13. June 22, 2015 at 10:41 am | Posted by [email protected]com

Good Morning,I did not receive my CEU for the May 6th webinar. I believe I viewed the recording on May 19th.

14. May 4, 2015 at 7:43 pm | Posted by Teresa Brands

I viewed the Hospital to Home recorded video on 3/27/2015 and did not receive my CEU. I submitted the application online on 3/30/2015. Please research and let me know when I will receive my certificate for my CEU.Thank you, Teresa Brands

15. April 23, 2015 at 4:10 pm | Posted by Teresa Pennebaker

I did not receive my CEU certificate for the February 11, 2015 webinar. I viewed the video in February or the early part of March and filled out the application for credit within the 30 day period. Your assistance in this matter is appreciated.

• May 4, 2015 at 1:50 pm | Posted by Cat Koehler

Hi Teresa! We'll have someone reach out to you right away. - Cat Koehler, Social Media Advocate, Home Instead Senior Care