Sunday Dinner Planner

Last revised: May 5, 2015

1. July 3, 2015 at 2:36 pm | Posted by Bill Dattilo

I think this is a great idea.

2. June 18, 2015 at 10:24 am | Posted by Burtine

If it were up to me all caregivers would be given a gold medal at the very least. My husband is waiting for a hip replacement so I have a very small inkling of what many of you handle with grace and love every hour of every day. May God's blessing be upon you all.

3. June 18, 2015 at 10:21 am | Posted by Burtine

I am so pleased I found this site. It isn't the preparation of the meals after over 60 years of it, it is the thinking up something new or different that might be nice to have. I have printed a couple of the recipes off and will be trying one tonight. Thank you.

4. June 15, 2015 at 8:54 am | Posted by Jann

Can you do a section on easy meals or quick nutritious snacks. When I was caregiver for my terminally ill husband, I needed quick foods that were also nutritious for me since he was getting his food through a feeding tube. Talk about feeling guilty.

5. June 1, 2015 at 12:05 pm | Posted by G. Norcutt

How wonderful that you are reviviving this tradition. As a youngster even getting permission to go to a Birthday Party on a Sunday was like getting permission from the Pope. Unfortunately I am getting on and both my parents have passed, but I often think of the great conversations and laughter at the table. That is until questions about school came up !!!! Thank you for you idea.

6. May 30, 2015 at 1:59 am | Posted by Barbara Wicks

I'd like recipes.

7. May 21, 2015 at 12:22 pm | Posted by Lisa Sigona

I eat dinner with my 89 year old father every evening, to this day. We have whatever his heart desires, and he feeds most of it to the little 3 year old puppy, I have that he watches daily while I work during the day! He's more worried the dog gets fed than he does. He's afraid the dog will starve. They are best buddies now, but at first he ordered the dog and me out of the house! Now they are inseparable. The puppy has gained weight like his poppa has a belly...

8. May 20, 2015 at 1:43 pm | Posted by JULIA BELCHER

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA FOR CAREGIVER. !!!!! Thank Everyone for Care for the ELDER HEALTH I AM A CAREGIVER .

9. May 15, 2015 at 5:45 pm | Posted by Barbara

I was a caregiver in 1997 for my grandmother and then both my parents who passed same month in 2011. Now caregiver to my husband who has severe COPD and Demencia... What a life... But have much strength to help him.. but he is in his own little world and wont go out only to doctors... But In hanging in there...

• May 22, 2015 at 7:33 am | Posted by Loretta Elizabeth

Barbara, I also looked after both my parents at home and just a couple of years later I am caring for my husband with COPD. I can empathize but I haven't any advice. I am looking to volunteer out of the house a couple of days a month to try to balance things. Good Luck

• May 28, 2015 at 11:34 am | Posted by Donna

Dear Barbara, God Bless you! It takes a special person to be a caregiver. I am just having so much trouble with my Dad being such a pain. I have health problems myself and can't take care of him and he doesn't want to go anywhere to be taken care of. He shouldn't be on his own. I applaud you and I am praying for you!

• June 17, 2015 at 10:56 pm | Posted by Wendie pepper

I'm one half of a care giving team. My fiancé's mom lives with us. She has Dacia, Alzheimer's, COPD, cirrisis of the liver, and a bad gallbladder, along with a pacemaker. We have trouble getting her to leave the house as well, or go outside even to the Dr. We can't get her to do activites as a family either. We even went out and bought a brand new bingo game to play and she wouldn't do it. We've tried crossword puzzles, seek n find puzzle, spelling words spelt back wards. She still won't do it so I can relate to what your going through.

• June 29, 2015 at 4:04 pm | Posted by Debra

Hang in there, Wendie. Have you tried music? Don't play modern tunes, though. Try 50s, 60s or 70s. You might be surprised. Good luck.

10. May 14, 2015 at 5:04 pm | Posted by Mary Ryan

Great idea! great ideas and helps as well.

11. May 14, 2015 at 3:55 pm | Posted by Shelly Rosario

Growing up, we ate meals every night together, well somewhat. Back then, the children ate together and the parents would get out their TV trays and eat in front of the TV. Which really upset my grandmother, because once a month we would go eat at her home, in the dinning room as a family. Oh what fun we had! My dad and my uncle were jokers, and they would tease my grandmother (their mom) so much! She would be washing dishes, and they would go grab a plate or cup, dry it, and place it back in the dirty dishes! She would wash and wash and then realize a plate with a different design that she just washed. When she found out what they were doing, she would grab a towel and "snap" them on their backside! My children are grown, but we still have once a month, Sunday dinners. Family time is great time anytime.

12. May 8, 2015 at 10:07 pm | Posted by Bess Muir

Just a thought....

13. May 8, 2015 at 3:23 pm | Posted by s

I am a full time caregiver for my parents... I would like some new cooking ideas

14. May 8, 2015 at 1:01 pm | Posted by Hazel

i would appreciate getting recipes and meal ideas. Also helpful tips and articles

15. May 6, 2015 at 8:46 pm | Posted by Judy simon

after my Father passed away I had my dear Mother for dinner every Sunday night. We enjoyed good times, good memories and made more memories. It was great for both of us. She so looked forward to every Sunday dinner. I so miss that every minute of every day