April 4, 2011
Knowing your family health history can provide helpful insight about your own health and health risks. Accessing My Family Health Portrait at familyhistory.hhs.gov makes it easy to chart your family tree and record pertinent information for each relation such as age, gender, and any conditions or diseases. You'll have the option to add as many blood-relatives as you wish, extending from your grandparents' generation to your grandchildren's generation. Save your history on your local drive to upload and continue working on later, or print out the charts and records to share with your family or health care provider.
- Spans five generations
- Ability to add unlimited blood-relations
- Chart of family health history
- Family tree diagram
- Family member can copy your data to generate own history
- Save or retrieve family health history XML files from your computer
- Compatible with Microsoft® HealthVault™ for optional storage of health information online (account required)
- Three other language options: Spanish, Portuguese and Italian
About My Family Health Portrait:
My Family Health Portrait was developed in collaboration between the Office of the Surgeon General and the National Human Genome Research Institute, a part of the National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.