May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) canola oil
- ¾ cup (175 ml) chopped onion
- ¾ cup (175 ml) chopped green bell pepper
- ¾ lb. (375 g) lean turkey breast
- ¾ cup (175 ml) tomato sauce
- ¾ tsp. (4 ml) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) ketchup
- ¾ tsp. (4 ml) red pepper flakes
- 1½ tsp. (7 ml) wine vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté onion and bell pepper until translucent. Add the turkey and cook about 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, pepper flakes, vinegar and mix well. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on buns.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.