May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 oz. (75 g) uncooked corkscrew macaroni (about 1 cup / 250 mL)
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ medium cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- ½ of medium red sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) bottled, light creamy Italian or ranch salad dressing
- 1 6 oz. (175 g) can lower sodium chunk light tuna, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting oil or salt in process. Drain; rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a large bowl, toss together drained pasta, carrot, cucumber, sweet pepper and green onions. Add salad dressing, toss to coat. Gently stir in tuna. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2–6 hours.
- Arrange mixed greens or lettuce on plates. Spoon tuna mixture over greens.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.