May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- ½ pound (250 g) fresh or frozen raw shrimp (larger size)
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) Italian dressing
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 6 large pitted ripe olives
- 2 whole mushrooms
- ½ green pepper, cut into 1½-inch (3.5 cm) squares
- Obtain 15-inch (38 cm) metal skewers.
- Peel shrimp. (If shrimp is frozen, do not thaw; peel under running cold water.) Make a shallow cut lengthwise down back of each shrimp; wash out and de-vein.
- Pour dressing over shrimp and remaining ingredients in sealable plastic bag. Close bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but not longer than 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Pre-heat grill to high heat (or set oven to broil, high).
- Alternate shrimp, pineapple chunks, mushrooms, green peppers and olives on each of two 15-inch (38 cm) metal skewers, placing an olive on end of each skewer. Reserve dressing. Grill or broil kabobs about 4 inches (10 cm) from heat, turning and brushing once with dressing, until shrimp is pink, about 5 minutes total.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.