May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- ½ lb. (250 g) 90% lean ground beef
- ½ 1 lb. 8 oz. (816 g) jar pasta sauce
- 1½ cups (375 mL) water
- 6 oz. (185 g) uncooked rotini pasta
- ½ cup (125 g) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef in 12-inch (30 cm) skillet; drain off fat.
- Return skillet with the cooked ground beef to heat, add pasta sauce and water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once boiling, stir in uncooked rotini and return to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium or medium low, stirring occasionally. Cook about 15 more minutes or until rotini is tender.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.