May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Tbsp.(15 mL) canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) purchased pesto
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 12 oz. / 375 g total)
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped yellow summer squash and/or zucchini
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat canola oil in large non-stick skillet, add chicken to hot oil and reduce heat to medium and cook chicken for 5 minutes on one side.
- Flip chicken breasts to cook the other side. Add zucchini and squash. Let vegetables cook for 3–4 minutes before stirring gently. Continue cooking chicken breast on this side until done (4–6 minutes total). Internal temperature should be 165°F (70°C). Transfer two chicken breasts and squash to two plates; spread with pesto and sprinkle with cheese.
Store the two leftover chicken breasts in the refrigerator for a future meal.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.