May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) dry penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) canola oil
- ½ pound (250 g) ground turkey breast (raw)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) onion flakes
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) minced garlic
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ cup (50 mL) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) pepper
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) crush red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped toasted walnuts
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, add ground turkey, onion, garlic and sauté until turkey is cooked, stirring to break up turkey.
- Add spinach, broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Cook about 5 minutes, until spinach is wilted and sauce begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cooked, drained pasta and turkey, spinach mixture. Toss gently to combine. Dish onto serving plates, top with Parmesan, divided and toasted walnuts (if desired).
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.