May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 38 minutes
- no-stick cooking spray
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) ketchup, no added salt
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ lb. (150 g) ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) milk
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Use a 5-inch by 9-inch (12.5 cm by 23 cm) glass dish. Spray bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- Mix ketchup and brown sugar in small bowl; set aside.
Combine meat, bread crumbs, milk and egg in bowl. Shape meat mixture into a loaf shape and place in the pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven; pour ketchup mixture over meatloaf. Bake 15 minutes or until meatloaf is cooked through (165°F or 72°F). Let stand 8 minutes before cutting into slices.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.