May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 9 oz. (255 g) raw lean boneless sirloin, about ¾ inch (1 cm) thick
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) garlic powder, divided
- ¼ cup (50 mL) dry red wine (can substitute with red wine vinaigrette dressing)
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) parsley
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) oregano
- ½ tsp (2 mL) canola oil
- ¼ cup (50 mL) fresh mushrooms
- Rub the beef with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a large, sealable bag, combine the wine, parsley and oregano. Place steaks in the marinade and refrigerate for 10–12 hours, turning often.
- Remove steaks from the marinade, and pat dry with a paper towel. Discard the marinade.
- In a heavy skillet, on high heat, heat the oil and sauté the mushrooms, turning frequently for about 3 minutes. Add the steaks and sauté (on high heat) for 4–7 minutes on each side, depending on desired doneness (4 minutes per side for medium rare, 5 minutes per side for medium, 6 minutes per side for medium-well, 7 minutes per side for well done).
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.