May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) canola oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped green onion
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped celery
- ½ cup (125 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. (500 g) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1½ (375 mL) cups cooked rice
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) pepper
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) egg substitute
- Cook the rice according to package directions, or buy pre-cooked microwavable rice to save steps.
- In a large skillet, on medium high heat, heat oil and add onion, bell pepper, celery and mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until just cooked (about 3 minutes).
- Add the rice, pepper, garlic powder and soy sauce. Stir-fry on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Make a hole in the middle of the mixture, add egg substitute. Cook egg until done and mix into rice mixture. Serve hot.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.