May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 6 oz. (175 g) cooked chicken, diced
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain Greek yogurt, or ½ cup (125 mL) fat-free sour cream
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry white wine, or ½ cup (125 mL) lower sodium broth plus 1 Tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) cornstarch or flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) thyme
- 1½ cups (375 mL) dry whole wheat pasta noodles (recommend Ronzoni® Healthy Harvest)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, on medium-high heat, add oil, onions, cook until translucent, add mushrooms, cook another minute, until soft.
- Add chicken, plain Greek yogurt, wine, cornstarch, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme. Mix well. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Divide cooked pasta onto serving plates and top with chicken sauce mixture, divided evenly.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.