May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) chopped seeded cucumber
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) minced garlic
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) onion powder
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 lb. (500 g) 90% ground beef
- 4 6″ (15 cm) pita breads, halved and warmed
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Combine the first five ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine the oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Add the beef, and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill patties, over medium heat, covered, until internal temperature reaches 165°F (70°C). Let beef patties rest for 5 minutes. Slice into thin slices, and stuff into pita halves. Top with lettuce, tomato and onion. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.