May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 2 salmon fillets (4 oz. / 125 g each)
- ½ fresh lemon
- Preheat grill to 450°F/230°C (high).
- Measure salmon at thickest part. Plan to grill 5 minutes per inch (2.5 cm) of thickness, per side. (i.e., 1-inch [2.5 cm] thick means 5 minutes per side. Set a timer; do not overcook.)
- In a bowl, combine syrup and salt; generously brush onto one side of the salmon. Reserve the sauce to brush other side.
- Place seasoned side down on grill for about 5 minutes; brush top side of salmon with maple syrup and salt before flipping. Cook for remaining (5 minutes) or appropriate time per thickness.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over cooked salmon. Let rest 2–3 minutes before serving.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.