May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) dried basil
- 4 Tbsp. (mL) olive oil
- 2 4″ (10 cm) pita bread rounds
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ cup (50 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup (50 mL) sliced green olives
- ½ cup (125 mL) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix lemon juice, garlic powder, oregano, and basil in a bowl; whisk oil into lemon juice mixture until well blended. Brush about 1 tablespoon (15 mL) dressing over pita breads and place on baking sheet; set aside remaining dressing.
- Combine spinach, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl. Pour remaining dressing over vegetables and toss to coat. Divide spinach mixture evenly over each pita; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and pitas are lightly toasted.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.