May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 fresh or frozen flounder fillets or other thin mild-flavored fillets (about 5 oz. / 150 g each raw)
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1 cup / 250 mL)
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) finely chopped shallot or onion
- 3 small plum tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup / 250 mL)
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) capers, drained
- 4 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ⅛ tsp. (0.5 mL) black pepper
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook green pepper and shallot for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Add tomatoes, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in capers and olives. Place the flounder fillets over vegetables, sprinkle with pepper. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to serving plates and top with vegetables.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.