May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) cabbage slaw mix
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) salt
- no-stick cooking spray
- ¼ lb. (125 g) fresh tilapia fillets (or cod or pollock fillets, whichever is preferred)
- 2½ Tbsp. (35 mL) lime juice, divided
- ½ Tbsp. (7 mL) taco seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) light mayonnaise or Miracle Whip®
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 6″ (15 cm) corn tortillas, warmed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese blend
- In a small bowl, sprinkle salt into cabbage slaw mix; toss well, set aside and let stand.
- Heat 10-inch (25 cm) skillet over medium heat, coat bottom of pan with no-stick cooking spray. Brush fish with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lime juice; sprinkle with seasoning mix. Place fish in skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on first side, flip and drizzle another Tbsp. (15 mL) of lime juice over fish and continue to cook for about 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove from heat and flake with fork into bite-size pieces.
- Mix mayo, ½ Tbsp. (7 mL) lime juice and ½ Tbsp. (7 mL) cilantro into cabbage slaw mix.
- Warm tortillas in a tortilla warmer or by heating in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Top warm tortillas with coleslaw, fish, cheese and remaining cilantro.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.