May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- no-stick cooking spray
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½–¾ cup (125–175 mL) salsa verde (use larger amount if spicy hot is desired)
- ½ cup (125 mL) light sour cream
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded lower fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ 10¾ oz. (305 g) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 10″ (25 cm) flour tortillas
- Place rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spray small square glass baking dish with no-stick cooking spray and spread 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) condensed cream of chicken soup on bottom of baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together salsa, sour cream, ¼ cup (50 mL) cheese, and ⅓ cup (75 mL) condensed cream soup.
- In another bowl, combine the shredded chicken with just enough of the salsa mixture to coat the shredded chicken.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly and place filling inside each tortilla and roll to enclose. Place in baking dish, seam-side down. Top the enchiladas with the remaining salsa mixture and the remaining cheese.
- Place in preheated oven, bake uncovered until heated through—about 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.