May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain quick-cooking couscous
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1⅔ cup (390 mL) boiling water
- 1 whole lemon
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) olive oil
- 1½ cup (375 mL) cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) Kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) finely chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) thinly sliced green onions
- In a dry small saucepan, add couscous and salt, pour the boiling water over it and cover. Let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and break up lumps.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and mix with oil. Toss with couscous. Add chickpeas, olives, parsley, and onions.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for flavors to marinate. If refrigerated, take it out one hour before serving to come to room temperature.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.