May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 raw, small, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz. [125 g] each)
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 dashes pepper
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) onion flakes
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon zest
- ½ cup (125 mL) 1% milk
- ½ can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ lb. (125 g) fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1.5 inch (1 cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) instant long-grain white rice
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, cook 5–7 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from pan, add milk soup, asparagus, onion, garlic, cheese, lemon zest. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked rice, top with cooked chicken. Cover pan, remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until rice is cooked. Serve hot.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.