May 5, 2015
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 portions of salmon, desired size
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) favorite seasoning
- Dash pepper
- Adjust if needed, oven rack to the 2nd from the top position.
- Preheat oven to broil-high.
- Use a glass oven-safe flat-bottomed square dish or smaller. Brush ½ tsp. (2 mL) olive oil on top of each piece of salmon; sprinkle ½ tsp. (2 mL) seasoning on each piece. Measure salmon at thickest part. Plan to broil on high for 5 minutes per side, per inch of thickness (i.e., if salmon is 2″ [5 cm] thick, broil on first side for 5 minutes, flip and broil on second side for 5 minutes).
- Place baking dish with seasoned salmon in oven to broil. Set your timer to remind you to flip the salmon.
- Pull dish out of oven. Flip salmon pieces to the uncooked side. Brush with remaining olive oil and seasoning (divided). Place back in oven and broil for additional 5 minutes or until thickest part of salmon just separates when tested with a fork. Do not overcook salmon. Let salmon rest on stove top for 1–2 minutes before serving.
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.