My Grandfather is Behaving Strangely After the Death of his Wife

Lisa is concerned about her grandfather's strange behavior after the passing of his wife. Mary Maxwell has some good (and funny) advice.

Want to get Mary's perspective on a topic?
Send your questions and suggestions to mary.maxwell@homeinsteadinc.com.

1. January 11, 2017 at 11:36 am | Posted by Donna

I have heard the prayer by Mary Maxwell before & I laughed again just remembering. The Bible says a merry heart doeth good like a medicine. She is very funny! I am becoming my husbands care giver, at 84 he is loosing his eyesight. I am doing all the driving, which I don't enjoy doing, it makes me nervous, especially since my husband is becoming an excellent Back seat driver.

2. January 11, 2017 at 11:27 am | Posted by Donna

My husband is loosing his eyesight at 84 years of age. I am his caregiver & I will be 83 next month. Laughter is good medicine. God gives strength!

3. January 27, 2016 at 2:34 pm | Posted by Betty Suntheimer

I am always looking for funny things to make my daughter laugh after a long day (13 hrs.) at work.

4. January 12, 2016 at 9:54 pm | Posted by Sharon

I'm also a seyourr of 71.your video prayer has given me hope

5. December 29, 2015 at 12:28 pm | Posted by Bernice A. Murray

As a caregiver (retired in 2013) twenty years total. I decided to write six short stories titled Memories of 'Old Friends'. I used different names for the clients. If you are interested in reading them, I will be glad to forward to your E-mail.

• June 11, 2016 at 4:45 pm | Posted by Chai

Hi Bernice,I am currently taking Health Care Assistant Program at Capilano University in North Vancouver, BC. I've never had any experience taking care of an elderly or seriously ill person. We are still in the theory stage of our program and will have our practicum by end of September this year.It would be nice if you can share with me your "Memories of Old Friends" as I am curious.Thank you.Chai

• August 8, 2017 at 2:47 pm | Posted by Liz Shelton

I would like to read them.Thanks