Mary Maxwell’s Invocation at the 2012 Aging in America Conference

Mary Maxwell reminds us once again that laughter is the best medicine with her invocation at the 2012 ASA Conference. Hear her commentary on marriage, technology, the unexpected stumbling blocks of old age, and Lady Gaga. Mary also discusses things she is thankful for, which range from caregivers and Home Instead Senior Care, to senior texting abbreviations such as DWI (Driving While Incontinent). Her invocation includes a retelling of the poignant poem "Blessed in Aging," meant to tell those who work with and care for seniors how much their efforts mean to aging adults everywhere. Do not miss this YouTube sensation's kick off to the conference.

Want to get Mary's perspective on a topic?
Send your questions and suggestions to mary.maxwell@homeinsteadinc.com.

1. February 2, 2014 at 4:36 am | Posted by sherry

I would love a reprint of her speech. What a wonderful way to look at life!.

2. July 11, 2013 at 9:22 pm | Posted by Rose Sauli

It was funny.I enjoyed the e mail

3. February 3, 2013 at 10:20 pm | Posted by Roslyn Rodgers

I thought your Address at Home Instead hilarious and would like a transcript of this to show my sister, who hasn't a computer. I'm 79 and can relate to everything you said!

• July 11, 2013 at 11:07 pm | Posted by Emanuel

I would greatly appreciate a reprint from Mary Maxwell’s Invocation at the 2012 Aging in America Conference becuse I am deaf.

4. January 7, 2013 at 2:59 pm | Posted by Gail Blomberg

Would love to purchase videos to use at various senior functons and reunions. Can you tell me where I may do that?

• January 9, 2014 at 9:40 pm | Posted by Ruth Henderson

I live in a retirement community and I would like to know if it is possible to purchase videos of Mary's stories or lectures. Thaks.