Yet another new year is upon us. As each January sneaks up on me, I marvel at how quickly the previous year has passed. I think about the many events of the year – smiling at the good, grimacing (and sometimes obsessing) over the bad. It is usually the things I didn’t manage to do well in the last 12 months that lead me to my New Year’s resolutions.
Like most people, New Year’s resolutions are a slippery slope for me. I can only recall ever keeping one. Most years, I have abandoned my goals before the snow ever melts. So this year, I’m not making resolutions; I’m making New Year’s wishes.
This year, I wish for
• the wherewithal to take a breath and think before I speak
• ample opportunities to laugh until my belly and cheeks hurt
• the ability to lighten up and go with the flow
• a pair of pants that fit just right
• the courage to sometimes say “No” even if it may inconvenience someone
• more confidence in everything I do
• the gift to see a situation through a loved one’s eyes
Happy New Year, everyone! I hope all of your wishes – no matter how big or little they may be – come true!
What are your New Year’s wishes? Better yet, do you have a plan to stay on track beyond March?
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.