This weekend, most of us will get an extra hour thanks to the end of daylight savings time. That made me think about all the things I could possibly do with just one extra hour.
• Read a few chapters of my book
• Grab coffee with that friend I haven’t seen in a few weeks
• Clean out the linen closet and put flannel sheets on the bed
• Get the oil changed in my car and write a letter (no email this time) to a friend while I wait
• Go through the ever-growing stack of magazines I haven’t had time to read
• Put together my Christmas wish list
• Pull out all of my favorite sweaters and boots
• Get a massage
• Sleep in
• Plan a weekend getaway (even if we never take it)
None of these things are terribly exciting, but that’s alright by me. I get enough excitement. What I need is a little calm me time – even if it’s just an hour. What would you do with one extra hour? Would you be practical or frivolous?
I know many of you out there rarely take time to do something just for you. Whether you take advantage of the extra hour this weekend, or find an hour later in the week, take it. Take it and do something wonderful with it – something just for you!
Get helpful tips and articles like these delivered to your email.